Kitchen S-III Cartridge Pack
Naturally Filtered produces the filter cartridges that go into the Wellness Kitchen S-III; we made them for Wellness Filter prior to their closure in 2010 and will continue to make them for many years to come.
The Wellness Kitchen S-III filtration and enhancement system was developed by Wellness Filter in 2004 and still offers industry leading filtration performance in today's market. The system has an average lifespan of 10 years.
We offer a 20% Loyalty Discount on the new Natural Kitchen to customers who own a Wellness Kitchen S-III. Learn more about the comparison between the two systems below. Please call us to upgrade as the discount will not automatically apply online.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sanitize my unit?
- How do I identify Pre & Post filter cartridges?
- How do I know where my cartridges should go?
- What should I do if the LCD display on my unit isn't working?
- What should I do if my leak controller is beeping?
- How long should my Kitchen S-III last?
How do I sanitize my unit?
We recommend you sanitize your system every 2 to 3 years or if you have gone more than 18 months since your last cartridge change. This should be done before installing new filters.
- Remove Pre and Post cartridge housing caps (leave the Booster housing cap alone). Extract the old Pre and Post filter cartridges.
- Wipe down the inside of the Pre and Post cartridge housings and caps with a clean damp cloth. A mild soap can be used.
- Fill the filter cartridge housings at least half way with household hydrogen peroxide.
- Replace Pre and Post housing caps and turn filtered water faucet on for 10 seconds or until water starts to exit the unit.
- Turn water off and let stand for 20 minutes
- Turn water on and flush system for 5 minutes with low flow cold water
- Remove Pre and Post housing caps and drain excess water.
- Install new Pre and Post filter cartridges and replace Pre and Post housing caps.
- Flush system for 5 minutes.
How do I identify Pre & Post filter cartridges?
There is an identifying code engraved on the sidewall of the white plastic cap with the black o-rings on each cartridge. The engraving has a series of numbers and letters. The Post-Filter cartridge will have the sequence 2793 in it and the Pre-Filter cartridge will have the sequence 2882 in it.
How do I know where my cartridges should go?
If you turn your Kitchen S-III unit upside-down, you should see 3 white plastic caps that are connected together by a plastic "base plate". If you look closely at the base plate (flashlight may be required) you will see PREFILTER and POSTFILTER labels engraved onto the base plate with arrows pointing towards the proper cap.
What should I do if the LCD display on my unit isn't working?
The LCD Display on the Kitchen S-III is an optional accessory that, when working, counts the Days and Gallons used since the last reset. Unfortunately, these devices often malfunction due to water damage from the cartridge change process. For this reason we recommend customers replace their cartridges once a year and simply remove batteries from the unit if the LCD Display is not functioning. The display is only a counter and does not indicate system performance.
What should I do if my leak controller is beeping?
The leak controller has a variety of audible warnings that can indicate a leak, low batteries, a regular maintenance check, or end of life of the leak control device. Please refer to the Leak Controller Instructions for troubleshooting. A working leak controller is highly recommended for the Kitchen S-III because of the moderate leak risk with the system. Please call us if you have questions or need to locate a replacement leak controller.
How long should my Kitchen S-III last?
The plastic components in the Kitchen S-III were stress tested to 10,000 cycles which is the equivalent of a 10 year life span. After that period there is greater potential for failures which could result in leaks or catastrophic failure if the unit is installed under your sink. For this reason we recommend that units are replaced after 10 years or connected above the sink where the risk of catastrophic failure and flooding is significantly lower.
We offer a 20% Loyalty Discount on the new Natural Kitchen to customers who own a Wellness Kitchen S-III. When your system nears the end of its 10 year life give us a call and we can assist you with an upgrade.
Naturally Filtered Natural KitchenWellness Filter
Kitchen S-IIIChlorine & ChloraminesTHMs, VOCs, Lead & CystsVirus & BacteriaMTBE & MercuryConstruction304L Stainless SteelABS PlasticConnections2 Brass Compression12 Plastic Quick-ConnectLeak RiskExtremely LowModerateEasy Cartridge ChangeNo Tools RequiredCartridge Life1 Year / 1,200 Gallons1 Year / 1,000 GallonsFlow Rate1 - 1.5 Gallons Per Minute0.5 Gallons Per MinuteAnnual Cost